OFF DUTY MODELS WHO CARE
1) What are some “big kid” activities you love to do that keeps you youthful?
Going to an arcade (hello Dave&Busters!), the comedy cellar, getting ice cream, going to Six Flags or Disneyland if I get the opportunity (California!) I’ll be a a 10 year old at heart forever.
2) Beyond modeling, what are some cool projects, hobbies or side hustles you’re working on?
I am so excited to have completed my pilates mat teacher training! I fell in love with Pilates when I moved to New York. I realized that a lot of workout classes in the city are not focused on the individual. Your reason for showing up, whether it be physical, emotional, or just curiosity plays such a huge role in how you’re going to react to the exercises. I love getting to know the people that I train and why they are with me today. I am working on pop-up classes around New York. @thepilatesbodyny has more information on that! -I'm SO excited for you and couldn't agree more re Pilates... It's such a great core workout that leaves you feeling strong and centered but is quite easy on your joints (which I personally love!) Although there's definitely a method to follow, every class I've been to, including being taught by you, has felt personalized and different!:)
3) Part of what’s so great about being a model is having a following on social media. What are some important messages you try to pass on to your followers?
Aside from modeling and pilates, I am a huge beauty lover! I love being creative with all the artists I work with, I try to pass that sense of creativity (and good skin care!) onto my followers. Health and wellness is a huge part of my life, and with my pilates teaching it has opened my eyes to an even larger community of people that are living by it passionately. I hope I am able to translate that on to those that follow me. -You DEFINITELY are! I think some of the best beauty shoots I've seen have been your work and the health and wellness lifestyle you're after definitely shows in each picture:)
4) You’re flying to a new city for a couple days of work. It’s a short trip- what are you packing?
Extra space in my suitcase, healthy snacks, and workout clothes! I love exploring new cities. My favourite way to do that is my walking around and taking everything in.
5) The fashion industry is quite wasteful, yet some companies and brands are trying to make a difference. Whether it’s a clean beauty brand or an ethical/sustainable company, do you have any favorites that stick out?
Jane Iredale is one that sticks out for me! I almost exclusively use their makeup. After struggling with my skin for a number of years it’s so important to know what goes into your makeup and on to your skin!
6) What are some of your go-to self-care rituals?
Working out, long walks, matcha lattes, a good book, and calling my parents.