OFF DUTY MODELS WHO CARE
1) What are some “big kid” activities you love to do that keeps you youthful?
Going to concerts in general, watching animated movies is also important to keep your imagination alive. I love to explore the city without any direction, karaoke, and checking out places that combine fun with discovery such as the Museum of Wonder. Being fit in general is also amazing. -YES! Love karaoke and the animated films are a beautiful way to transport yourself into an imaginary world... I loved that about Japan. Such incredible animated movies and the karaoke was to die for! So fun! 楽しかったです
2) Beyond modeling, what are some cool projects, hobbies or side hustles you’re working on?
I have been doing some work with the Model Alliance in support of their Respect program to provide protection and prevention against abuse in the industry. I also am on an improv team and we perform a show called “Tampons, Tears, and Triumphs”. It’s an amazing show with a wonderfully diverse group of girls.
In addition to modeling professionally, I also act professionally. I have a degree in mechanical engineering from Harvard so I am always looking for ways to combine my knowledge of these three worlds. You can learn more about me here. -Wow! It's so inspiring you're using everything you've learned and loved and making the most of all experiences! Good job girl<3
3) Part of what’s so great about being a model is having a following on social media. What are some important messages you try to pass on to your followers?
Never be afraid to be yourself. Life is short and so it is so important to do what you love. -I love this and couldn't agree more. It's what makes us unique that makes us all so special.
4) You’re flying to a new city for a couple days of work. It’s a short trip- what are you packing?
Skincare! My mandelic blend toner, charcoal cleanser, and Eucerin SPF30 facial moisturizer, contacts + contact solution, glasses (I have terrible eyesight and if anything ever happened to my contacts I would be significantly disabled, the usual underwear, socks, a few casual outfits, one “going out” outfit and of course a light jacket because I get cold easily.
5) The fashion industry is quite wasteful, yet some companies and brands are trying to make a difference. Whether it’s a clean beauty brand or an ethical/sustainable company, do you have any favorites that stick out?
I still have a lot to learn in terms of sustainable companies however, I really like the Jason brand for shampoos and Sappo Hill for body soap. Their almond bar soap smells amazing. I also really love the makeup brand Onomie because they stand for so much good in the world and empowering us to make smart choices in our lives.
6) What are some of your go-to self-care rituals?
Matcha lattes with almond milk, Yoga and pilates are especially good when I’m feeling stressed, and watching a good film which I feel as an actor I can learn a lot from.