OFF DUTY MODELS WHO CARE
1) What are some “big kid” activities you love to do that keeps you youthful?
Traveling to new places, and shopping around to find treasures!
2) Beyond modeling, what are some cool projects, hobbies or side hustles you’re working on?
I've been modeling in Japan for 13 years, but I've always had a passion for art, music and design.
After graduating with a Communication Design degree from Parsons the New School for Design (in New York City,) I moved back to Tokyo to model and to work on building my design portfolio. Aside from modeling, I mostly work on corporate branding and package design. I also make products on my own time. I love beautiful timeless things, being creative and telling visual stories.
I'm currently working on starting a sustainable inner/outerwear brand, so please look out for that! The brand experience will explore ideas on finding ones identity through vulnerability. I wish to share my experiences with duel nationality (being half Japanese/American,) living between Tokyo and New York, and finding myself as a model and a designer.
3) Part of what’s so great about being a model is having a following on social media. What are some important messages you try to pass on to your followers?
My greatest accomplishment would be to give my followers inspiration, motivation, confidence while staying true to myself. Lately I started modeling for more ethical fashion brands and less fast fashion, in hopes that my followers would become more conscious of the sustainable fashion movement. -I love that you're starting to work with more sustainable/ethical brands. I think it's amazing too that there's the option for us to choose better. Nothing excites me more than going to a casting for a company I 100% believe in and I think if we keep the pressure on and the demand is there for companies to be more accountable, the sustainable trend will continue and never go out of style:)
4) You’re flying to a new city for a couple days of work. It’s a short trip- what are you packing?
Maybe gifts for my friends and snickers for the flight.
5) The fashion industry is quite wasteful, yet some companies and brands are trying to make a difference. Whether it’s a clean beauty brand or an ethical/sustainable company, do you have any favorites that stick out?
6) What are some of your go-to self-care rituals?
Breatheeeee, long baths, stretching, singing and laughing.