OFF DUTY MODELS WHO CARE
1) What are a few things you do to stay environmentally friendly?
On the day-to-day I take public transit, I always recycle, and I try to buy consignment clothing whenever possible. However, I also believe that because we all contribute to this planet it is our responsibility to contribute to “big picture” environmental steps as well; tying in our personal goals with environmental ones. As such, I use my business platform to inform my network about steps corporations are taking that impact the environment (for better or for worse), and provide ways that we can challenge corporations that are consciously acting in detrimental ways to our planet. -Love what you do and what you preach. In order to make big steps, you're right, we have to think big picture. It's all about informing our network about what we know and figuring out how to improve.
2) Do you have any favorite sustainable or ethical clothing lines?
Titania Inglis in Brooklyn has definitely caught my eye!
3) What are some of your favorite organic beauty products?
4) On a day off, you’re heading to your favorite coffee shop. What are you wearing?
Jeans, sneakers, and a tshirt
5) Tell me about something you’re doing simultaneously with modeling that motivates you. Another job? A project? Volunteering? A hobby?
I am passionate about business, particularly entrepreneurship. I am a partner in a start-up out of Toronto, I was very much involved in the business world before I embarked on my modeling career and have now integrated the two worlds. I run a blog providing weekly advice for young entrepreneurs www.sineadbovell.com ; I also provide 1-on-1 consulting for new entrepreneurs! -I can't imagine how you do everything you do SO well. A true inspiration for us all.
6) In addition to modeling, what else may you be doing in your future, say 5 years from now?
In five years from now I hope to be running my own business consulting firm that advises young entrepreneurs, particularly in creative-based industries, on business related decisions and problems. I also hope to be growing my Toronto tech-based startup into other markets. I can't wait to hear more about your startup!!